Welcome to the All dimensions Wiki!
Before getting into editing, you must make sure your edits adhere to the wiki's basic rules. These are not limiting rules, but ones that ensure no anarchy, chaos and vandalism occurs.
These guidelines are enforced by the whole community and are widely agreed upon. Failure to abide by them will result in a warning, possibly more if other users catch on, then a ban from an administrator. The ban length depends on severity of damage.
0. Create articles as blogs. Instead of creating a page, create a blog post. Blog posts will be looked at by moderators and judged according to the guideline standards, and if your blog post passes, it will be turned into a page. Further information is included in this announcement.
1. Follow the Fandom guidelines. This is really important. It includes obvious things about behaving nice to other people and not posting NSFW content, as well as some other general things that every wiki must abide by.
2. Put effort into your pages. We don't want two sentence, boring pages that are of no value to this wiki. We don't want chained pages that are just an infobox and nothing else. Add some essential info, don't be repetitive and make sure your article is at least in some way presentable and fine in quality.Essentially, write articles you would want others to write and you wouldn't mind reading from other users in large quantities.
3. Format your pages correctly and follow basic logic. This one is more of a piece of advice rather than a rule. Put an infobox (except if its a number) and try to not make up fictional units without defining them. Don't use conflicting information, unless specifically meant otherwise. Make sure the containing body is larger, has a greater or equal dimensionality of the thing it contains, and the object your thing contains is smaller.
4. Be original. Sure, you can make pages like these, but nobody will care about your END-ALL-BE-ALL, TRUE INFINITY, CONTAINS ITSELF AND NOTHING CONTAINS IT page. It's been done to death and it's literally impossible. Plus, try to just be original with your concepts. We believe the pages on this wiki should be at least somewhat enjoyable to read. Boringness is not punishable by anything, but will be frowned upon if done excessively. This rule also obviously includes copy pasted articles from other websites, which is the pinacle of unoriginality, and also ties in with rule 2.
5. Don't vandalize. You're not funny when you do this and it's very annoying for the people who have to constantly undo your edits, delete spam categories, rollback garbage and deleted pages. If you aren't sure as to whether an edit you want to make is considered vandalism or not, ask another experienced user (ie.: mods). If the edit you're making actually makes sense and follows all rules, it is mostly likely fine.
6. Stay on topic. This wiki was first only about dimensions, verses and geometry, now, we have cosmic entities, structures, numbers, cosmologies, civilizations, and anything that is to us trans-universal. However, it would be a crime to not include the primates to all of these creations, our universe's cosmology of the solar system, superclusters, galaxies and all. Non-fictional, but cosmologically related. What we don't want, are non-fictional sub-asteroid phenomena / objects and anything from the internet. However, particles and atoms, as well as some molecules are allowed, as they are the building blocks of our universe. Remember. This is not an everything wiki, this is a recreational cosmology wiki.
7. Don't edit other people's cosmology. Adding an extension to a chain is fine (unless the owner of the page you're editing doesn't allow for it). However, directly affecting the chain by breaking and diverging it is simply vandalism. So is changing the size, dimensionality or some other finer details. Refer to rule 5, this can really badly affect a page and create paradoxes and inconsistencies, especially if it's tied in with many other pages.
8. Don't spam. Spamming, basically anything, except edits and uploading files, is not allowed on AD. Examples include: spamming categories (messy, unnecessary, unfairly boosts points), spamming somebody's message wall (especially annoying), spamming on the discord server (annoying, against the rules), spam-creating pages (discouraged unless the pages are good, effortless pages will all get removed eventually).
9. Don't delete pages of significance or popularity, without consent from the makers / other users. This one is a rule to the moderation team. Some pages may seem like they should be deleted, but remember, that not every bad page is of no importance. If it obvious, that the page can be deleted and should be, without consequences, delete it. If it is the only (or one of a few) bad one in a chain, or is heavily linked to, or has a lot of interaction, make sure others (also including the owner, if you can ask them) agree to delete it. The decision should be unanimous.
10. Don't move your blog posts into mainspace. It is the duty of moderators to make the decision as to whether a blog post article is to be turned into a page, so let them do it instead of yourself. Similarly, don't post pages into mainspace either. All new pages are first to be published as blog posts, then they wait (a certain short amount of time) and either get turned into a page or they stay as such (until some fixing action is taken).
Things you CAN do!
Have fun and be creative! Be respectful towards your fellow and you will get the same in return. We welcome anyone to come here and spread their creations. Since this wiki is very small, you will be noticed by everyone quickly and if you follow the rules, are willing to improve, and don't come with malevolent intent, you will be respected and integrated into this small "family" of ours.
You are allowed to make mistakes, everyone does, but recognizing them and fixing them is what sets apart the dedicated and the uninterested.
You can join and contact us at our discord server, where Leftunknown, MinersHavenM43, YellowMarkers1, ICantEdit, Chalkosis, 08dravennew and much more are active here daily, including multiple V&D members!