The kitchen is a sort of stellar factory. New verses are created, or "cooked" (baked, roasted, stewed, microwaved, etc.) here. The Kitchen contains many tools used to create verses (much like traditional kitchens which have ovens, pots, pans, and other tools) such as gravity generators, particle condensers, vertical ray emitters (or VRE's), ostthobulators, and more, as well as ingredients to be combined and zapped with several tools designated for the job (which is where the VRE's come into play). Such ingredients are usually just the basic particles (quarks and leptons, with a few hadrons and bosons mixed in), as well as dark matter (although its existence is debated by some astronomers). A simple recipe for a verse is as follows:
1. Preheat the molecular accelerator to 5,000 N/s
2. Start with 8 bosons (not Higgs)
3. Mix in 50,000,000 electrons, 50,000,000 up quarks and 100,000,000 down quarks
NOTE: The rules of quantum mechanics might make the result seemingly unpredictable. A good chef knows how to control this
4. Set the gravity generator to 5 G
5. Add the result to the molecular accelerator
6. Let cool for 6 years.
7. Have fun exploring the new universe, if you followed the recipe correctly you should have made a verse with multiple planets with life. Thank you once again for purchasing the HALMO Space engineer's cookbook™.